Missouri Victim Automated Notification System
Missouri Victim Automated Notification System (MoVANS) is a fully automated, information notification system that immediately notifies registered users upon a change in an offender’s incarceration and court status. MOVANS will tell you if an offender is in custody and will give you other important custody information. This system will provide the offender's housing location and updated information regarding a scheduled parole hearing or release. MOVANS also provides information regarding the status of a protection order. Petitioners can be notified immediately upon service of a protection order and of any changes to the court date and time.
Goals of MOVANS
- Provides a unified statewide service that will empower and protect crime victims and assist law enforcement and victim service providers.
- Provides victims and the general public with offender custody status information, court, and protection order information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week,
- Provides victims and the general public the ability to register for notification of changes in offender custody status, court events, and protection order status.
- Allows law enforcement officers and advocates the ability to quickly determine arrest and custody status.
- Law enforcement officers and advocates spend less time trying to contact victims and more time trying to provide direct services.