Peace Officer Standards and Training
The Peace Officer Standards and Training Program (POST) is a regulatory program with responsibility for licensing peace officers, ensuring compliance with peace officer continuing education requirements, and conducting investigations for disciplining the licenses of peace officers as specified by Chapter 590, RSMo. The POST Program also licenses law enforcement basic training centers, basic training instructors, approves law enforcement training curricula, and provides staff support for the Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Commission.
- Meeting Minutes - 12/1/15
- Subject Matter Experts - 2/8/16
- Chapter 590 POST Statutes
- Administrative Rules
Details of Changes to Continuing Law Enforcement Education (CLEE) Training Requirements for Missouri Peace Officers
The POST Commission’s Dec. 1, 2015 approval of new training standards for Missouri law enforcement officers has led to questions about how the Continuing Law Enforcement Education (CLEE) training requirement changes will be implemented and how individual officers will be affected. It’s important to note that the new training standards, including 24 hours of annual continuing education training, will begin in 2017. There are no changes for individual officers during 2016. Read more...
- Brooke Colen, Licensing Section/Main Number, 573-751-3409
- Gayla Kempker, Continuing Education Section, 573-526-2763
- Bill Plate, Investigator, 573-751-2163
- Nena Snodgrass, Investigator, 636-300-2800 ext. 3354
- Cheryl Nott, Licensing Section Supervisor, 573-526-2764
- Jake Garrison, Program Specialist, Corporate Security Advisor Licensing, 573-751-2761
- Jeremy Spratt, Program Manager, 573-526-2765