The Missouri Department of Public Safety (DPS) collaborates with state and local law enforcement agencies to provide a proactive approach for the public safety of Missourians.
The purpose of the LVCP Grant is to provide funding to support the establishment and enhancement of local violent crime prevention programs within local law enforcement, and improve the quality of crime data reporting in compliance with the National Incident-Based Reporting System. The funding will be utilized to advance violent crime reduction efforts by improving trust and cooperation between communities and law enforcement in the state of Missouri. Additionally, it will create accountability for law enforcement agencies in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with the community.
Programs would include, but not be limited to: community crime prevention/crime reduction strategies, gang-related activity prevention, gun violence prevention, and data driven policing.
- DPS Financial and Administrative Guidelines (revised 1/16/20)
- Missouri Radio Interoperability Guidelines
- CJ/LE-GT-2020-001, Policy on Advance Payment and Cash Advances
- CJ/LE-GT-2020-002, Policy on Claim Request Requirements including DPS Reimbursement Checklist
- CJ/LE-GT-2020-003, Policy on Budget Modifications, Program Changes, Scope of Work Changes, Status Reports, and Return of Funds
SFY 2022 LVCP Grant